Techblog

A Tubular Trick

Techblog #1: A Tubular Trick

Hello, and welcome to the techblog. My name is Chris, and for those of you who don’t know me, I have been a certified Amaya technician with Embroidery Systems Canada for about seven years.

When we first got this website set up, I wanted to put something on it where I could share little tips and tricks that I’ve learned about operating, maintaining, and fixing Amayas and Amaya XT’s, and now I finally have!

Today I want to talk about something I recently discovered while repairing an Amaya. As I was threading the machine, I noticed that the thread tube was having a hard time staying put in the back of the needlecase. It had flared out so much over time, that it was really loose. You may have seen this before, either at the end of the tube that connects to the needlecase, or where it connects with the small white cap at the thread tree.

The advice I’ve given people in the past, has been to simply cut a tiny bit off the end of the tube, and reconnect it, which works, but over time, the tube may become too short, and need to be replaced.

What I recently discovered, however, is that, if you look closely at each end of the tube, you can see that, while the end connected to the needlecase tends to flare outward, the end that connects to the white cap is slightly compressed.

With that in mind, I found that simply swapping the tube end to end is even better than cutting them, because the flared end fits more snug with the cap, and the compressed end is tighter around the brass eyelet on the needlecase.

So there you have it, a simple fix to a sometimes annoying tube problem!

If you have anything you would like to see covered on this techblog, or if you’ve discovered a handy tip you’d like me to share with other Amaya owners, please email me, and I’ll do me best to get it on here for you.

See you next time!